Web Intelligence improves services, satisfaction, and profits
News providers and media companies face a growing challenge in assembling, monitoring and verifying news from diverse sources on the web such as media partners, local newspapers and government agencies. To be competitive, you must extract and monitor massive amounts of web content across multiple geographies and languages in real-time, and at the same time perform text transformation such as translation, extract meta information and filter out noise with 100% reliability.
Featured Customer Success Stories in News Syndication:
McClatchy, the third-largest newspaper company in the United States, improved news aggregation throughput by 5X – from 20,000 to 100,000 articles per month.
- McClatchy syndicates content to customers like Lexus/Nexus, Factiva and other papers.
- They were looking for a way to streamline news aggregation for syndication.
- McClatchy uses Kapow to harvest and categorize content from local papers.
- Kapow eliminates hand coding by technical staff and provides self-service tools that news editors can use.
- McClatchy collects over 3,000 news articles daily.
- Throughput has improved 5X, from 20,000 stories per month to 100,000.
ProQuest uses Kapow to automate web intelligence, enabling them to expand their line of university research and Spanish language articles.
- ProQuest collects, organizes and publishes university research and Spanish language news articles, which are then repackaged and resold to education customers.
- The number of unstructured sources has grown significantly, and ProQuest needed to harvest research from public and private sources where electronic feeds weren't available.
- They also needed to aggregate and syndicate unstructured university research and Spanish language news articles
- They needed easy integration into existing syndication infrastructure.
- They use Kapow robots to automate web intelligence. This has enabled them to expand their product line of university research and Spanish language news articles.
- Competitive advantage is gained by independently harvesting the research supply chain.
- Kapow is a core component of their internet content acquisition (ICA) platform.
- As a core element in their internet content acquisition platform, Kapow has had a direct and significant impact on revenues and margins.
- Kapow is an integral part of their value proposition as an information provider.